Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-45 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Music on 'Nosferatu' and 'Little Earth'

From: izone@actcom.co.il (Gadi Guy)
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 1996 20:00:17 GMT
Subject: Music on 'Nosferatu' and 'Little Earth'
To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Newsgroups: alt.gothic, rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

I'm hoping anybody out there has any idea what this
musical number might be:

On "Little Earth", just before the German line, Kate mixed in
a very slow, depressing kind of chorus music.

The same music appears (different recording) near the end of
"Nosferatu (the Vampyre)", by Werner Herzog.

I copied down these credits from the video:

Music:
                Popol Vun / Florian Fricke
and:
                Richard Wagner: "Rheingold"
                Charles Goumod: "Sanctus"

It seems to me that the number was either composed
for the film by Popol Vun / Florian Fricke, or it's "Sanctus",
which seems the more reasonable option to me.

I haven't been able to find the piece.

Anybody knows anything?

   Gadi Guy

 ---

 "Perverse, all monstrous, all prodigious things,
       Abominable unutterable, and worse
Than fables yet have feigned, or fear conceived"
          Paradise Lost / John Milton