Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-43 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

THE OFFICIAL POLL RESULTS

From: billings@uhavax.hartford.edu
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 1996 14:00:39 EDT
Subject: THE OFFICIAL POLL RESULTS
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Well, the poll has been completed, with one last vote coming in at ten minutes
of two from a NEVER FOR EVER fan, and yes, I am counting it.  Many people
responded, and I must say I was a bit surprised by the results.  I am also
having fun, because I am relatively new to the list and have not heard some
of the B-sides that people chose as their favorite single.  without further
blubbering, here are the results, starting with the album.

THE WINNER. 1ST PLACE, FAVORITE ALBUM, HOUNDS OF LOVE with 9 votes

I am not disappointed, because the album kicks ass, but am a bit surprised
that it beat out over

2ND PLACE, FAVORITE ALBUM, THE DREAMING with 5 votes

3RD PLACE, FAVORITE ALBUM, a tie between NEVER FOR EVER and THE SENSUAL WORLD,
with three votes apiece

no votes at all for Lionheart, The Red Shoes, and surprisingly, none for
The Kick Inside

As far as the songs go, the winner was uncontestably "UNDER THE IVY", which
received five votes and is THE ONLY SONG to get more than one vote!!!!!
What is even funnier is that I've NEVER heard it.  Well, that's just sad, I
guess.

the other fifteen votes went to

"Wuthering Heights"
"The Man With The Child In His Eyes"
"Breathing"
"There Goes A Tenner"
"Suspended In Gaffa"
"Night Of The Swallow"
"Running Up That Hill (A Deal With God)"
"Hounds of Love"
"Cloudbusting"
"Jig Of Life"
"Hello Earth"