Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-43 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Did you know??

From: Ken Glasson <xtr36595301@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 1996 15:34:35 -0800
Subject: Did you know??
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Hello Love Hounds.

I just thought I'd send you all a wee note before I vanish for
a few weeks over to the big apple, or banana or whatever they
call the place.

I'm going to miss skippy and Kate trivia. Whatever you do,
don't let Len talk you into his new plan. I hear he wants us
to send photos to him so he can make greater than life size
carboard cutouts of us and nail them to telegraph poles around
Kate's house with the sign "Please go on tour" around our necks.

I suppose I should say something about Kate...

I read in the FAQ somewhere that Kate thinks TSW is her most
feminine album yet, and a question about "What's that mean ?"

I think the answer lies in the the term, and the title.

Feminine meaning possessing qualities or characteristics considered
 typical of or appropriate to a woman.

Sensual - of or relating to any of the sense organs; bodily.

If Kate believes that this album has qualities typical to herself,
then I think it gives us a clue to which planet she comes from.

She must 'see' through her senses and remains unclouded in her vision of
the world; in touch with her feelings. A trick that many of us have lost
over the long dark years.

After all "When I'd taken the kiss of seedcake back from his mouth" is in
my mind a very sensual concept.

And This Woman's Work definitely portrays her "Womanhood" for better want
of a term.

I don't think she was ever a child. I think she was born a woman, and that
TSW is a small glimpse at her inner self. Unfortunately, this might have
been a bit much for many of us poor mortals and this would explain the low
rating amongst fans for this album.

Personally I find these deep female waters a bit much for a mere male like
myself, so I will stick to The Dreaming and listen to The Man With the Child
in His Eyes only when no-one is around. (Yes I know that's on the Kick Inside)

Love and Deeper Understanding folks.

Ken.