Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-43 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

shopping spree

From: Kelley Hays-Gilpin <Kelley.Hays-Gilpin@nau.edu>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 1996 11:20:25 -0700 (MST)
Subject: shopping spree
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
A1-type: MAIL
Alternate-recipient: prohibited
Sender: owner-love-hounds
UA-content-id: A1982ZWNZGMOF1

Howdy--I just re-subbed after 2 wks in Michigan and Montreal.  I
shopped East Lansing, the Detroit area, and Montreal and had a
superb time hunting for bargains and stuff on my Kate list.  Thought
I'd share some dirt on what's where for how much $.

The Sensual World Video--found and purchase this for US$11.99 at
Tower Records in East Lansing.  In Canada, it was more.

The Single File video--found this for Canada$ $16.99 and $17.99
at several stores in Montreal incl. HMV superstore (the lower price)--
probly shoulda bought it.  Didn't.  Dearborn Music near Detroit
had this for over US$20. (a Canadian $ is US$1.33)

Larry Adler and Kate Bush "The Man I Love"--I goofed here--bought
a UK import for US$10.99 the first time I saw it, but Tower Records
has the domestic in a cardboard sleeve for $6.99, and the Canadian
price is similarly lower.  Argh.  BUT it's a beautiful bit of work--
goes to show KaTe can do ANYTHING, any style, extremely well.

Eat the Music (2 versions)/You Want Alchemy/Shoedance, Import from
Holland, used, $US6.99 in Royal Oak, Michigan.  This is probably my
"best buy" just for "You Want Alchemy" which I am really enjoying.
"Shoedance" is to me, as many Love-Hounds have opined, not Kate's
best work, but again, it shows she can and will try many styles
and succeed (I mean, it's as good as anything in the dance music
genre as far as I can tell--that's just a genre not to my taste).

This store in Royal Oak, "Off the Record", is terrific, BTW.
They have a website called "Eclectic Music" that might be worth
checking out to find rare stuff:
http://www.eclecticmusic.com/~otr

Feels like Christmas to me! (happy and broke again--I also
picked up some Happy Rhodes, Daniel Lanois, and Ani DiFranco...
argh!).  The BAD news is that what I REALLY wanted, the Whole
Story video, is apparently out of print :(

cheers,
Kelley