Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-43 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Izzat Kate on "Absolute Beginners?"

From: "K" <fearofk@earthlink.net>
Date: 25 Oct 1996 17:49:37 GMT
Subject: Izzat Kate on "Absolute Beginners?"
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

I asked this once before but stupidly forgot to check back, anyway:  Is
that Labushka's voice backing up David Bowie on his song "Absolute
Beginners?"  Sometimes I get chills up my spine when I hear that part of
the song that goes "If our love could/fly over mountains...", the usual
sign that its her.  I almost crashed my car the first time I heard Midge
Ure's "Sisters and Brothers."  Somebody got the liner notes?  If there's no
name listed for backing vocals, seems to me that's a dead giveaway...