Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-41 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: skippy and other relics (no KT content)

From: Ken Glasson <xtr36595301@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 1996 13:51:19 -0700
Subject: Re: skippy and other relics (no KT content)
To: R.Jones@mirinz.org.nz
CC: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Sender: owner-love-hounds

R.Jones@mirinz.org.nz wrote:

>      Stephen seez (re Skippy the Bush Kanga):
>
>      >I can't believe someone besides me actually remembers this show. It
>      >must have been late 60's when it was on. I remember watching it one
>      >morning at my grandparent's house and my grandfather walked in and
>      >asked, "Is that a goat?" My sister and I started laughing and
>      >singing, "Skippy, Skippy, Skippy the bush goat!!" Maybe you had to be
>      >there.
>
>      Yeh, we even got theat show over here (early 70's I think). But
>      speaking of wonderful old Aussie productions, does anyone remember
>      'The Magic Boomerang', or the even more obscure 'Woobinda - Animal
>      Doctor' - these were on TV here in the 60's. The boomerang was an old
>      coat-hangar. Time stood still for the person who threw it (too bad for
>      the flying doctor!). I'm sure there must be a song in here somewhere.
>      Woobinda (if I'm correctly remembering the spelling) was a Daktari
>      down under type of show -who remembers Daktari? -as an 8 yr old I
>      though Paula looked cute in Khaki.
>
>      Rhys
>
> 	Well, I don't really remember the Magic Boomerang, although it rings
some sort of a bell. Definitely not Woobinda - Animal Doctor. But really I
think you're showing your age a bit, because I clearly remember Daktari but I
hated the chimp and don't remember the girl's name, so it must have been way
back......
	Next you'll tell us you were into The Man From U.N.C.L.E. and The
Avengers. Mind you I always thought Emma Peel was pretty interesting...

Ken.

	By the way, I really like a singer called Kate Bush :-)