Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-41 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

EMI CDs, Lionheart, Demos

From: Darrel Henry <darryl1@flash.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 18:04:53 -0500
Subject: EMI CDs, Lionheart, Demos
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Hi everyone out in KateLand. Just wanted to comment on the EMI
Manhattan CDs. I bought two of them recently to update my old albums and
to listen on my CD ROM at work. I bought The Dreaming and I was
disappointed to find it didn't contain the photo or lyrics inside like
the record did. I also just got TKI and surprise, it did have the lyrics
and picture inside on the pullout pages although it didn't look like it
from the back cover of the CD.

	I'm not sure about the sound quality, I don't have another good
recording to compare with although TKI sounds very good on my CD_ROM
with just an inexpensive headset - (I'm listening to it at this moment)
- and so does The Dreaming. But, I think before I buy anymore, except
imports or special cds, I'll get TWW box set to have the rest. I
understand TWW contains six disks up to TSW or just The Dreaming plus 2
special disks?? Does someone know exactly??

	Also, in the Lionheart controversy, I want to say Lionheart
ranks up at the top for me. I just think all the songs are so beautiful
and sincere/innocent. It was my fourth KB album with the first being an
EP with cuts from The Dreaming and NFE, (The Infant Kiss in French) and
a KILLER live version of James & the Cold Gun), then NFE, TKI, &
Lionheart.

	Can anyone tell me about the tapetrees(???), I'm not sure what
this is. Also, I'm still hoping someone out there can tell me about the
Cathy Demos. I'd be eternally in your debt if someone could show me the
way to these recordings.:)  Later.

Darrell - darryl1@flash.net