Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-40 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

TNW, Billboards, Duets, etc

From: gearnoise@VNET.IBM.COM
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 96 09:14:30 EDT
Subject: TNW, Billboards, Duets, etc
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

1. Thanks, very very very very very very VERY VERY VERY VERY much to
   Forward, Johnson for posting Kate's own interpretatation of TNW. Best
   interpretation I have yet seen! ;-)

2. Billboards: Here in the USA, one will periodically see a privately
   financed billboard with a Valentines Day message, etc.  These were
   probably early abberations from folks who would later appear on one
   of the many talk shows to propose to or ridicule or confess to or
   otherwise embarass their (marginally) S.O..  Being basically shy
   myself, I can understand the reasons for not doing so.  But I'm not
   sure what British Customs would do to me if I showed up with a couple
   dozen rolls of toilet paper in my luggage..  Maybe if I used some
   totally innocuous fiction of a name, like maybe Bullard, they wouldn't
   think it was some new IRA permutation.....

3. Kate duets I'd like to hear (well, most of them), with some possible
   album subtitles:
- w/ Peter Murphy     : Beauty and the Beast
- w/ Mark Lanegan (Screaming Trees) : Beauty and the Blast
- w/ Samantha York    : Beauty and the Breast
- w/ Elvis Costello   : Beauty and the Bleat
- w/ David Gilmore    : Pretty 'n Pink
- w/ Elvis Presley    : Live! Both! No, Really!
- w/ Tori Amos        : One and One Hundred Uses for a Piano Stool
- w/ Annie Lennox     : Put on Your Dancing Shoes
- w/ Happy Rhodes     : Together Again!
- w/ Carnegie Hall    : Let It Be!!!!!!

4. Thanks to those who suggested trying Jane Sibery (sp). Great lyrics!

5. Peter Gabriel:  For whomever was looking for "Don't Give Up", aside
   from the Kate duet being on the "So" album, there are two versions
   of that duet on one of his video singles collections.  Worth looking
   at the entire video; my second favorite on it is Red Rain.

Neal Mulvenna                                          __/__/T_ -- -
internet: gearnoise@vnet.ibm.com                      / /\ </\ \ --