Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-40 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

RE: Another radio station plays Kate!

From: meredith <meth@smoe.org>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 1996 22:17:11 -0400
Subject: RE: Another radio station plays Kate!
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Hi!\

Ed (hi, Ed -- I didn't know you were still around :) reported:

>I've been listening for a few weeks now,
>and I thought Kate would be a natural for
>them.  Well, last night they played
>"Running Up That Hill"!
>
>Geez, it had been about a year since I last
>heard Kate on the radio.

Cool!  Which reminds me... when I got into the car Friday morning,
"Wuthering Heights" (TKI version) was on the radio -- WFUV in New York City,
90.7 FM.  They play quite a lot of Kate, actually -- the morning guy is
particularly fond of TKI, but he usually plays TMWTCIHE or LLSLY.  (Been a
while since *those* acronyms were trotted around here, hasn't it?  ;)  I've
also heard "Cloudbusting", "Rocket Man", "Eat The Music", and RUTH, and
while I didn't actually hear it, I understand they've played "Mna
Na-Eireann" from _Common Ground_ as well.  (They'd better have -- I hijacked
the official WFUV CD player at their booth at the Falcon Ridge Folk Festival
this summer so I could give the track a first listen (I'd just found the
album at a CD booth across the way, and couldn't wait until I got home), and
none of the station folks there were aware of the album's existence before
that point...)

I'd recommend WFUV to any love-hounds located in the NYC metro area,
actually -- check out http//www.wfuv.org to see what they're about.

| Meredith Tarr                                              meth@smoe.org |
| Boonton, NJ USA                       http://remus.rutgers.edu/~woj/meth |
|  "There's a god out there, and god I wish it was mine" - Susan McKeown   |