Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-40 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Potty Billboards

From: Len Bullard <cbullard@HiWAAY.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 1996 20:06:34 -0500
Subject: Potty Billboards
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Judging from some mail I get, some folks may be taking
the billboard idea a little seriously.   On the beam, this
would be a tough thing to pull off.  It would be expensive,
hard to manage, and might be a big dud as far as attracting
attention in England.  They get a steady
diet of newspapers dedicated to farce and criticism,
as evidenced by the post from Stephen ZPJ and the recent
DianaRidesTheMajor scandal.   Our billboard would be a spec
on an island of whimsy.  We have them in America,
but we call them HardCopy and put them on TV during
the dinner hour.

As to upsetting Kate, if that news article doesn't,
a love letter from her fans on the M1 sure as heck wouldn't.
We are real pikers in that game.

Thanks to Julian for explaining the "briticisms".
We get AbFab, Fawlty Towers, Dead Donkey, and
The Young Ones in reruns, and most of the best
of the BBC in the States.  Jennifer Saunders taught
us the incandescent meaning of bollocks.
Great for lighting up the BBQ.

Beautiful weekend.  We played another outdoor
festival.  Would gladly have paid the guy doing the
onstage mix $50 for just two cents of reverb.   Dry foldback
truly sucks for a vocal band.   Sweet little town, Decatur.
Full of antique shops, and old style furniture
stores.  They roasted enough pig meat to kill every
vegHead for twenty miles.   Saw Kate in the antique shop
on the square.  She says, "Hey, Gomer!"

Potty?  Not the woman I've seen interviewed.  Daft?
Sure.  Goes with the brilliance.  As observed about the
Talosians, "beings who think in 26 dimensions often
appear daft to beings who can only manage six or
seven at best.   It's the random intersection, thing, ya know."
Security?   Of course.  It keeps the nude housekeepers
and all those coven meetings secret.

Potty has a different meaning here in the states.
It's a place we go to read the tabloids
so we can reuse the paper meaningfully.

Maybe she's barbecuing on the weekends.  That could be why
tabloid journalists enter the compound, and never come out.
Roasting pigs over their bollocks is why RockGodesses need
their privacy.  They light the fire with the articles.

Sauce? A dry chianti?  Goes well with roast pig.

len