Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-39 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Billboards

From: "SEAN TWOMEY (ARCHAEOLOGY) PG" <twomeys@acadamh.ucd.ie>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 1996 17:08:43 +0100 (BST)
Subject: Re: Billboards
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Hello all,

Just my thoughts on the whole Billboard thing,
I honestly think it would be an unpleasant shock for Kate to see
something like this in her local area . I feel it would upset and
embarrass her and could even totally backfire into putting her off
any notion of touring in the future . I just don't think she'd laugh
it off with a 'You lot are mad...' Kate respects and admires her fans
and has shown nothing but goodwill towards us at every oppurtunity .

We should support her in thanks for the amazing art she gives the
world and not go in for nagative pressurising. SHE KNOWS PEOPLE WANT
A TOUR . In practically every interview since 1980 she's been asked
the same old question and she will only do it when she feels right
about it, the same way she will only release a record when she's 100%
happy with the results .

Does that sound defeatist ? Am I bowing my head in resignation ?
A tour would be an out-of-this-world experience and still could well
happen .... but Kate takes time off, takes ages to make an album,
makes and remakes plans because that's what Kate needs to do at the
time.

Whenever I think ' God , when will we ever hear from her again ?' ,I
always imagine Kate in the countryside ,sitting on a hill, wrapped in
a comfy wool cardigan and smiling contentedly to herself .And then I
listen to one of her albums and realise IT'S NOT THE END OF THE WORLD