Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-39 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

more (non binary!!) KT influenced Lyrics

From: Andrzej Markiewicz <daisyhed@adelaide.DIALix.oz.au>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 1996 21:47:45 +0930 (CST)
Subject: more (non binary!!) KT influenced Lyrics
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

THE WINDOW BRIGHT LIKE SKY

Look! and I saw through the window bright like sky
black lace reveries washed down by the autumn rains
the river's hair is green and flowing free across the hills and through
the valley
down to its mother sea where pastel wings skate like dragonflies above
the grey-green sunlit sea
where white horses run in splashing lace through the window bright like sky

Look! and I saw through the window bright like sky where Lilac lay her
head on the window pane
wrapped in her coloured counterpane, a window to many skies all within
the spaces of her room,
the place where all places exist
in her many-mirrored dreams
the chocolate steams
feathering the view
casting rainbows on her lashes,
a dusky night scented stock to brew invented memories
the crystal dew on Ophelia's flowers clasped in her fingers combing the
black lace stream,
the dark vein of the emerald hills
that washes down
to the clear salt sea,
astringent and fresh, that bleaches everything clean,
that strips all thought to bare white driftwood bones,
an empty shell
cast aside
waiting for the champagne waves to lift it up and fill it and
pull it back into themselves
...to flow underneath the tides, dragged down into stillness and light you
could drink,
sweet from the surface of the silver sea
in the utter east
opening
like a window
bright like sky

(c) Unjay 1991

Q:What's poetry?
A:Prose that doesn't make sense anymore.

Hope you enjoy this, Love Hounds! For info on the recorded version, visit
http://www.ausguide.com.au/daisy.htm

all the best,
Unjay