Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-38 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

wuthering heights and other thoughts

From: billings@uhavax.hartford.edu
Date: Sun, 06 Oct 1996 17:36:16 EDT
Subject: wuthering heights and other thoughts
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

First of all, thanks to all of you who answered my questions.  I appreciate
your help a lot.  Now, since we are allowed to mention other artists, have
any of you heard Pat Benatar's "Wuthering Heights."  Because I like Pat
Benatar a little bit, but I don't think I would like her doing this tune.
Any thoughts on her performance of the song would be welcome.  Now, this
is a kind of lame question, but do any of you have Kate posters.  I swear
that I listen to her for the music, but I love getting posters and there
are never any of Kate.  If you have them let me know, just because I'm
curious as to what poses she's done for them.  Now, I would like to ask
a question about THE NINTH WAVE portion of HOL.  I think this is a really
scary mini-album, because I am scared of deep water and I have never been
as scared by a song as I am by "Under Ice", and also "Waking The Witch."
My question, however, is about "Jig of Life."  At the risk of sounding stupid,
I'm not sure if I see how this song relates to the rest of the concept.  Maybe
I am not looking into the lyrics deeply enough, but it kind of confuses me.
Also, someone responded to the question of "what is the spoken part of
Jig of Life" by saying "you don't want to know."  My confusion is on the
rise.  Finally, who is Jane Siberry and does she really have a song called
"Little Earthquakes", because Tori does, and I just don't know if people
are trying to be silly or what.  SO, who is Jane?  Thank you all a lot,

shane