Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-36 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Comments

From: Len Bullard <cbullard@HiWAAY.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 1996 14:30:54 -0500
Subject: Comments
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

[Matt]

>     Is this some sort of blackmail?  Kate doesn't owe us anything.  We
>     choose to buy her products.  I for one am extremely grateful
>     that Kate
>     chooses to share her art with me.  I would never dream of asking her
>     to do something, just because I, or however many other people want it.

Some might think she would do it for love, not blackmail, because
the beloved desires it so much and for so long.  Would you deny
your beloved the light of your immanent being?

Kate is human.  We can always ask, and she can go right on ignoring
the request as she has for the last 18 years.  Selah.

> How could anyone enjoy  watching Kate perform if there was even a
> shadow of doubt that she was  doing it because people had been on
> her back about it?

Because I would be seeing and hearing Kate Bush, the person, the
performer, the woman.  Not the celluloid *goddess*.

Some say one should not meet their heros because inevitably,
one is disappointed to discover their humanness.  Yet, I think
this is what growing up is all about:  to learn to celebrate and love
that human face and see beyond to that which is divine in all
humans.  The devil cannot bear to share with so frail a being that
which he thought was his alone to share with God: divine light.
Dark torment makes devils of humans and angels.  When we ask
humans to be gods, we swell the ranks of hell by extinguishing their
humanity.  What angels may ask of God, we may not know.

See the woman.  See how she shines.

"Little light, guide them to me.  My face is all lit up."

len bullard