Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-36 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

RE: Kate and Wuthering Heights

From: "J. Dunnam" <jdunnam@winternet.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 1996 19:47:22 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: RE: Kate and Wuthering Heights
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Hello, Love-Hounds!

All this impassioned debate about whether Kate left a mistake in the
newer version of "Wuthering Heights" has led me to wonder if there
somehow mightn't be two different versions of the re-make.  People keep
saying that her voice cracks or that the note is flat, but I just don't
hear it - and I'm not without some knowledge of music. In fact, it has
crossed my mind before that the same point in the original version might
be a tad less than perfect (but not too much).  Yes, I know it's
sacrilege; but, as has been pointed out, that word "Ca-thy" as sung in
the original version *is* different from all the other recordings.  The
question of interest for me is why did Kate choose to redo the vocals on WH?

Peace,
Jennifer