Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-35 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

TWW extended--thanks for the answers

From: Kelley Hays-Gilpin <Kelley.Hays-Gilpin@nau.edu>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 1996 13:05:02 -0700 (MST)
Subject: TWW extended--thanks for the answers
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
A1-type: MAIL
Alternate-recipient: prohibited
Sender: owner-love-hounds
UA-content-id: A1837ZWLGJ0KRF

Howdy all--thanks for all the e-mail responses to my query about
CDNow's offering of TWW extended.  Vol. 1 must be the one I want,
with all the B-sides (found the list on gaffaweb, which confused me
because gaffa lists 2 disks, and CDNow has 3, but your responses
cleared all that up).  Anyway,  I'll know all when v. 1 arrives!
I missed all rec.music.gaffa responses--there's a gap in the newsgroup
that starts right around the time Arizona and about 10 other western
States and bits of Canada and N. Mexico had a power surge.  It's
probably just on our computer here, but it kicked my butt into
subscribing to the love-hounds digest and bagging usenet.

Another recent acquisition, which I imagine to be bootleg CD from previous
discussions (sheepish expression here), found at a local used book store,
is "Cathy's Home Demos"--more or less the usual stuff listed on gaffaweb,
but what's odd is the cover--not a young Kate, but the Kate of TLTCTC
era--looking very regal and about my age, so I actually like it better,
I think, than a teenaged Kate.  The disk is credited to "Blue Moon
Records."  Am I correct in thinking that if legal, it would be
from EMI?

cheers,
Kelley

p.s. loved the narrative for 9th wave--works for me!  It fits pretty
well with the visual imagery I get when listening carefully, but I
never put it all together like that--thanks for sharing it.  I
always thought she lives at the end, though perhaps transformed by
death and rebirth in a shamanic sort of way (like German artist
Joseph Beuys' WWII plane crash and rescue from freezing by nomads
who wrapped him in felt and fat and transported him on a sled--
images he used in his art later.  And to what extent that "really"
happened to him isn't very relevant to appreciating the art, IMO).