Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-35 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Spouses and Kate Bush (was Kate Bush Should Tour)

From: "Xenu's Sister" <vickie@miso.wwa.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 1996 23:57:46 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: Spouses and Kate Bush (was Kate Bush Should Tour)
To: Name withheld by request <anon2e52@nyx.cs.du.edu>
Beware: of Scientology and Dianetics
cc: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds
Web: http://miso.wwa.com/~vickie/

On 17 Aug 1996, Name withheld by request wrote:

> I think many women are threatened by Kate, which is unfortunate
> because Kate speaks for women.  She's not just some bimbo in
> spandex, she's saying quite alot in her songs.

In the 15 years I've been a Kate fan, I've met far more men
who disliked Kate than women. I think many men are threatened
by Kate, which is unfortunate because Kate speaks to human
beings, regardless of sex.

(Works both ways bh)

I consider myself *extremely* lucky, after hearing some of the
horror stories. Chris and I met in 1982 after he put an ad
in a music paper looking for other Kate fans to trade with.
I didn't know any other KT fans at the time, and answered
the ad. We started out friends with something important in common,
fell in love, and have been together and happy ever since.
(and Meth, Brazil is our favorite film too!). I'm blessed,
and believe me, I know it.

Vickie (of Vickie'n'Chris, soon to be Bostonian Love-Hounds)