Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-35 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

re: The initiation

From: mikael.jakonen@mailbox.swipnet.se (Mikael Jakonen)
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 1996 17:31:29 +0200 (MET DST)
Subject: re: The initiation
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net
Sender: owner-love-hounds

David Hathaway <davidh@electric.net> wrote:

>1] Play some Kate Bush
>
>2] Play some King Crimson (usually Beat and Neurotica, it really separates
>the wheat from the chaff)
>
>and, the final test,
>
>3] Make them sit through Terry Gilliam's utterly brilliant movie, Brazil.
>
>If they passed all of those tests (no teeth grinding allowed) AND they were
>not allergic to my three cats AND they could speak of a computer without
>disdain, they were in...

My girlfriend is not a real Kate Bush fan, neither does she dislike her.
I guess Kate Bush is still too new for her to make up her mind yet.
But she does not grind her teeth, and that's a good sign.

I don't know King Crimson, but use Magnum, and Yes.
Unfortunatly she's more into musicals.

She bought herself a computer the other week, after making me promise
to teach her all the important stuff (We don't live together), and letting
me have a peek at the stuff before she actually aquired it, for approval.
I'm a bit jealous, 'cause now she got a machine even better than mine.. :-(

My girlfriend was tested at work, a frinend of her tried to put her in
the corner by asking who was playing on the radio, figuring that she
wouldn't make it. But she identified Babooshka with no difficulty.
although I don't recall playing it for her, she said she recognised it.
Not by name, but that's not important. She knew Kate, and that's good
enough.

Two of my three closest friends, as well as my little brother, are
Kate Bush fans, so I guess I'm lucky in that respect.

As for the movies: She bought the Star Wars triology on VHS, and
don't mind watching any StarTrek with me. Those are my criteria,
and she pass.

I haven't dared showing the Love-Hounds collection, and Total Tape
Integration yet though. :-(

Bones: "Say one thing Spock, you never cease to amaze me!"
Spock: "Nor I myself..."                                         (StarTrek V)
Mikael Jakonen                              mikael.jakonen@mailbox.swipnet.se
                                                   a94mikja@ida.his.se