Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate and Thurber

From: Franklin Lunsford <frankl@flash.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 1996 16:12:29 -0700
Subject: Kate and Thurber
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Apropos of nothing:
Whenever I listen to "Rocket's Tail" on "Sensual World," I'm reminded of
a James Thurber cartoon. No caption. A dog-like body with a human head on
each end. The male head is gazing up at a star in the heavens, and the
female head is looking at a flower growing in front of her.

I'm not suggesting any kind of influence, but the song always reminds me
of the cartoon. Kate's character can't understand why the male character
wants to fly like the rocket, and there's that great line about "home to
the quickening ground."

Just wanted to throw that into the void. Thanks for listening.

Franklin