Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: New Japanese KaTe 'zine

From: Sozo YAMAMOTO <yamamoto@cae1.tvrl.mei.co.jp>
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 1996 18:14:06 +0900
Subject: Re: New Japanese KaTe 'zine
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

> >A friend in Japan has just produced a beautiful new Kate fanzine called "In
> >The Morning Fog." This is a return of an older zine of the same title,
> >published in Japanese only back in '93. This one is bilingual (English) and
> >is the first of many to come. The plan is to issue 2 or 3 per year and
> >fan/reader contributions are welcome. Editor is Noriko Takahashi and
> >Publisher is Naoki Tsuruta.

Congraturations on the publication!  I must soon be get in touch
with the publisher.

The title, referred to as an older zine, is not familiar to me.
At least The Garden's fanzine list does not contain it.
Could someone show the story of the fanzine?

One fanzine I know of called Lionheart, also ceased to be published.
I've once thought of succeeding the subscriber list from Mr. Shimazaki,
who was running Japanese fan club, to form a new circle of Kate Fans in
Japan.  But the idea was abondoned when I could get no response
from him to my requests for master tapes of Japanese Kate appearances
(for Kate-Topia Collection).

 | Television Research Laboratory, Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., Ltd.|
 +- yamamoto@tvrl.mei.co.jp - Phone:+81-726-24-7732 - FAX:+81-726-23-7034 -+