Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

We're right and they're wrong

From: stev0@zuni.chaco.com (Steve Berlin)
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 1996 22:00:28 -0700
Subject: We're right and they're wrong
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Now it's the people who think "Deeper Understanding" is the
greatest song in the history of music itself vs. the people who
are, as usual, wrong about everything.

Let's take a look at why we're right:

1.  Topic of song.  It's as if Kate wrote a song about the folks
on Lovehounds!  Face it, who here hasn't looked up from
"five minutes" of Doom/MUDding/Usenet/IRC/WWW/Whatever
your particular poison is, and saw that several hours have passed?

2.  Groundbreaking experimentation.  Most musicians, when
representing the voice of a computer, pick a Stephen Hawking type
hollow, metallic sound.  Domo Arrigato, Mr. Roboto.  Kate went
the other way and showed it by the Trio Bulgarka.  Which brings
us to:

3.  Trio Bulgarka.  Can anyone think of a more beatific sound than the
Trio?  Neither can I.

4.  Kate's voice.  Never has been better.

5.  Lyrics.  Some folks are bothered by lines such as "I press execute."
These folks obviously know as little about computers as they do about
music. Gather 'round, kids, it's time for a brief computer jargon lesson
from Uncle Stev0.  To "Execute" a program means to run it, to make it do
what it's supposed to do.  "I press execute" is short for "I'm making this
program do what it's suppose to do."  Understand now?  Should I draw
pictures?  Take it from one who knows: every line - every word in the
song is perfect.

- Stev0 the Enlighted

"Next?"
  - Steve Jobs