Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Newbie - Top Three Albums.

From: Ken Glasson <xtr36595301@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 1996 12:15:22 -0700
Subject: Newbie - Top Three Albums.
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Hi.

My name is Ken and I am a newbie to this group. Well
a newbie to the group yes, to Kate - no.

I've been listening to Kate since 1978 (or so). Wuthering
Heights of course was the first song I heard, but being
of obviously discerning taste ;-) I held on and became a
strong Believer.

I have the seven albums that I know of, not counting any
compilations, which I don't generally buy. I prefer to sample
the whole concept or maybe era of the album itself.

I also have the Videos of Live at Hammersmith and The Whole Story.

My eldest daughter is named after Kate, at least her middle name. We
spelt it Katharine just to pretend it wasn't actually Kate, but I'll
always know.

I've only just found this group, but I've seen the poll about top
albums, so I'll add my vote.

1.	HoL.
2.	TD.
3.	TRS.

(But I have to say that I although I like HoL better as an album,
some of my most favourite songs are from TD.)

'There goes a tenner, hey look there's a fiver'

I's sure that Kate made a visit here in the early days, I've seen
the mention of the "Tour of Life" in 1979. Can anyone tell me if she
came to New Zealand, and if so, do they remember what she performed
on TV at the time?

Can someone point me to more info on "The Line, the Cross and the Curve"?

I'll be listening in, so hello all, and I look forward to talking
to you all.

KKG.

P.S.
Thanks to Vickie Mapes and Stev0. (Hope that's right, we must all trust
in the almighty font and our beloved PC to present correct names.)