Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

literary influences

From: mrees@pppmail.nyser.net (Michael Rees)
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 96 11:25:46
Subject: literary influences
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Here's another game we can play while waiting for the next tour...

I ran across this quote from Samuel Coleridge the other day:

  "He looked at his own Soul with a Telescope. What seemed all irregular, he
   saw and shewed to be beautiful Constellations; and he added to the
   Consciousness hidden worlds within worlds."

And immediately thought of Constellation of the Heart. And subsequently
started trying to identify KaTe's possible literary influences. Here are the
easy ones:
   Wuthering Heights (duh);
   The Sensual World, Love and Anger(chorus, at least) (Ulysses, James Joyce);
   Cloudbusting (A Book of Dreams, Peter Reich);
   Song of Solomon (Judaeo-Christian duh).

Any additions?

And a happy KaTemas to all!