Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-30 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Home Demo Tapes

From: sluagh@usit.net
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 1996 18:02:19 GMT
Subject: Home Demo Tapes
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Anyone ever heard of the Home Demo tapes?  During my recent sejour in
London (and quite by accident) this tape fell into my possession via a
flatmate's friend.  Apparently it is a demo that Kate made at home and
it has many songs on it I have never heard of.  If these songs never
made it to studio it is a shame because they are very beautiful.  This
flatmate says her friend got this tape from a boyfriend in the
recording business.  I don't know what to think, but it is definitely
Kate singing these songs and they are very rough (though still
stunning) and most songs are only her and a pianio.  Here is the list:
*Side A*
Kashka from Baghdad
Coming Up
Oh to be in Love
Playing Canasta
Snow
Ferry Me Over
Lionhearts
Violin
Craft of Love
Queen Eddie
In My Garden
Frightened Eyes
Nevertheless
Goodnight Baby
So Soft
I Don't See Why I Shouldn't

*Side B*
The Kick Inside
Hammer Horror
A Rose Growing Old
Keep Me Waiting
Davy
Disbelieving Angel
Don't Push You Foot on the Heartbrake
Kite
L'Amour Looks Something Like You
Strange Phenomena
Really Gets Me Going
Moving
Kashka from Baghdad

As you can see, there are many titles not appearing on any of the more
popular studio productions.  At least I haven't seen them.  If anyone
has any more info or thoughts please e-mail me (I no longer am online)
at my friends' accounts-
sluagh@usit.com
jlentz@usit.com

Thanks and Merry Katemas!
Christopher

P.S.  I also received via the same source a dodgy audience recording
from her concert in Manchester in 1979 :)