Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-30 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Spanish Kate Bush impersonator

From: harri.johansson@hpy.fi (Harri Johansson)
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 96 08:05:28 GMT
Subject: Spanish Kate Bush impersonator
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Note:
This message contains 8-bit characters (ISO 8859-1 or Latin-1 character set)
so if some of the words seem strange change your newsreader's character set to

ISO 8859-1 if possible. It doesn't affect normal ASCII characters.

Anyway, I was in Barcelona couple of weeks ago and I discovered this
interesting Spanish artist called Virjinia Glück (that's Gluck with
umlauted u). I saw her video in local top-20 show and I was amazed of the
similarities to Kate Bush's early work. The video could have been one of
Kate's early videos where she is dancing alone and miming to the song, it
was exactly like that even with the dorky video effects. The song, Entre
Ánimas, was very heavily influenced by Kate's work. It has lot's of piano,
even Wuthering Heights-like piano intro and all that stuff of which Kate's
music is usually recognized. She signs just like Kate did in her first two
albums, high and "strangely".

I had to go and buy her album Enter Ánimas just to listen if the whole album
was like the one I heard. And it was. An entire album of  "Kate '78-'80"-like
music and vocals. You can forget the ridiculous allegations of Tori Amos
being a Kate copycat when you hear this album.

All tracks on the album are credited to the artist herself and she also play's
multiple instruments on the album. It's obvious that she has a lot of talent
and all that but just trying to be the Spanish Kate is not something she
should waste her talents to. Well.. if someone can actually do that believably
that's really something.. and she can, believe me. The album's cover and other
fotos look a lot like those on Tori's Under The Pink album. And funniest thing
of all.. she looks like a mixture of Kate and Tori (= very beautiful). All
songs on the album are in Spanish (or Catalan, I'm not sure). After I got
used to hearing Spanish lyrics the album start's to sound pretty good.

I've tried to find any information about her from the net but still without
success.

If you're interested in obtaining this album here's the details. It's
probably only available through special import shops or one's that are
specialized on Spanish music and of course from Spain.

Virjinia Glück: Entre Ánimas    CD
Chrysalis/EMI Odeon (Spain)     7243 8525662 2

1.      entre ánimas
2.      el beso de klimt
3.      impresión
4.      el cielo queda atrás
5.      si tú quieres
6.      pai, pai
7.      la joven virgen
8.      el aeróstata
9.      mar adentro
10.     no quiero dormir sin luz
11.     brindis en blanco
12.     el cielo queda atrás (instrumental)

7-bit version:

Virjinia Gluck: Entre Animas    CD
Chrysalis/EMI Odeon (Spain)     7243 8525662 2

1.      entre animas
2.      el beso de klimt
3.      impresion
4.      el cielo queda atras
5.      si tu quieres
6.      pai, pai
7.      la joven virgen
8.      el aerostata
9.      mar adentro
10.     no quiero dormir sin luz
11.     brindis en blanco
12.     el cielo queda atras (instrumental)

--
Harri