Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

vindicated by Science

From: Kelley.Hays-Gilpin@nau.edu
Date: Sat, 06 Jul 1996 19:19:09 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: vindicated by Science

The Arizona Repugnant--oops--Republic's Business section of 5 July
reports that"Researchers at the University of Illinois have
found that when workers listen to the music of their choice,
their productivity improves, whether they are engaged in menial
administrative tasks or more complex analytical work.  What's
more, tuned-in employees report feeling more enthusiastic and
relazed."  Productivity of workers using "personal stereos"
jumped about 10-14% (the high figure is for data entry).
At last--a scientific justification for my recent music habits...
if any researchers out there want to test whether listening
to Kate, Loreena, and Happy (yeah, I just ordered another one--
) increases productivity more than other music, I volunteer.
Too bad the CDs aren't tax deductible!
cheers,
Kelley