Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Love-Hounds digest V12 #209

From: "tim hunter" <thunter@ukmail1.cv.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 96 14:22:08 BST
Subject: Re: Love-Hounds digest V12 #209
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

As for kate not being a kate bush fan, that is probably so.
As you say, doing it for yourselves is just as good a reason
to do it.  Considering the ever downward trending sales
of her albums, at some point, EMI and Sony may decide
that the little they do exactly equals her effort for them.

She may be wealthy and a prestige artist, but money flows
away from the indolent and laurels are next week's cat
litter.

* small point of interest there.. about a year or so back I saw some TV show
that listed the top 30 grossing UK artists. Number 1 was Phill Colins taking
home 18 million UKP a year, but there at 29 was one K Bush, struggling by on
only 450,000 ukp. I should be so indolent!
*