Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Playing silly games

From: stev0@zuni.chaco.com (Steve Berlin)
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 1996 19:20:00 -0700
Subject: Playing silly games
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Len Bullard <cbullard@HiWAAY.net> said:

>Ok.  That's one for enhanced and one against.  The reason I
>ask is that Netscape allows the use of Javascript which
>enables some sophisticated work such as interactive user
>input.  For example, I was building a LoveHounds test
>that tests knowledge of Kate and rates the entrant, all in fun.

I heard there's a NEW thing coming out for the Web - I've seen
a beta test of it - that ALSO allows sophisticated work such as
interactive user input, but runs MUCH more stable than Javascript
(and certainly much more stable tha Java, which is only slightly less
stable than Nitro Glysterine).  Not only that, but it has these advantages:

o  NO extra plugins needed!
o  Can run on (almost) ANY browser - finally, something for
   non-Netscape people!
o  Did I mention that it's more stable than Java and Javascript?

Anyway, this BRAND NEW, STATE-OF-THE-ART language is
called "PERL" (sounds like "pearl"); I assume that in a few months
there will be a book and/or websight about it.

- Stev0 the universal

"I put this plugin...here.  I put this plugin....here.  I put this
plugin...Oh, DAMN!  Netscape crashed AGAIN!"