Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Q: What is Gaffa?

From: kuy@acs.ryerson.ca (Kenly Uy - MHNG/W94)
Date: 20 Jun 1996 10:50:42 GMT
Subject: Q: What is Gaffa?
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Please pardon my ignorance.  I have previously posted a thread on
rock-n-roll.oldies seeking help on "elevator music" and 70s instrumentals
of easy listening songs.  Using the recent Fruitopia beverage brand as a
reference to the style (as many can't seem to recall the
semi-instrumental version of "Girl from Ipanema"...), I was directed to
this newsgroup, and to seek Kate Bush albums in particular.

What exactly is gaffa music?  And, can anyone please fill me in on the
history of this type of music?  Please email me if possible.

Thanks.