Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Common Ground at the US chain stores

From: gearnoise@VNET.IBM.COM
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 96 15:00:43 EDT
Subject: Common Ground at the US chain stores
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

As of this morning, Media Play and Circuit City stores have still never heard
of the album, while Best Buy has stacks of them, in the World Music section.

Incidentally, the Media Play in Atlanta carries an album of Sean O'Riarda (sp?)
evidently singing/playing his own music. There are 34 tracks on the CD!  But,
as I don't speak Gaelic (we're talking Potato Famine time when our family
departed Ireland), and I couldn't try the album in the store, I was hesitant
to buy it.  And the song Kate sings wasn't on it.  Any comments on it from the
Ireland Connection? (I settled for another Chieftans album instead).
Neal Mulvenna                                          __/__/T_ -- -
internet: gearnoise@vnet.ibm.com                      / /\ </\ \ --