Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: S'cuze me while I kiss this guy

From: Ulrich Grepel <uli@zoodle.robin.de>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 96 23:46:15 +0200
Subject: Re: S'cuze me while I kiss this guy
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Hi!

Stev0 said about Rowan Atkinson AKA Blackadder AKA Mr. Bean:
> "Blackadder" and the supposedly wonderful TV series "Mr. Bean"
> (I say "supposedly" because although I've heard rave reviews about
> it from people I trust, I've yet to actually see an episode).

Yep. It's extremely popular in Germany, from what I've heard much
more than in England actually. Vice versa with Blackadder. Probably
because you don't need to understand English to enjoy Mr. Bean because
it's almost mime most of the time.

> Note:  Blackadder (at least a couple of seasons) also starred Miranda
> Richardson, who, of course, was also in the TLTC&TC.

Note: Miranda Richardson also played Kate's mother[-in-law? have to check]
in "The Comic Strip Presents... Les Dogs", the film where we first were
treated to Kate's acting talent.

Bye,

Uli

--
"Ein 32-Bit-Betriebssystem fuer uns?" - "Wozu? Wir haben doch zwei mit 16."
[IBM ad promoting OS/2] "Bah, ich habe 4 mit 8!" [comment from Sven Wachter]