Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Other music - incidentals

From: gearnoise@VNET.IBM.COM
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 96 13:47:04 EDT
Subject: Other music - incidentals
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

1. Boy, this topic of Other Music has gotten far ranging.  Eventually I
   expect someone to post Edith Piaf and Meatloaf! (Their duet, produced
   by Natalie Cole, is truly unique)
2. Joan Armatrading.  Last time I was looking for her at a record store,
   I couldn't find any, so I asked the clerk.  "Oh, she's in the R&B
   section."  Say, what?
3. Enya.  For the type of music she creates, all her pieces seem too
   short.  I feel sorta like I've sat down to eat a baked potato, only
   to find half the inside is missing.  Potato after potato....
4. Deep Forest.  My contribution to the "If you haven't heard them yet,
   you oughta!" group.  Both albums are VERY listenable, my favorite is
   the first, which incorporates African pygmy music into it.
5. Pink Floyd.  Someone asked for a suggestion on which album to try.
   1. The Dark Side Of The Moon, 2. The Wall (double), 3. Division Bell
6. Mike Oldfield.  Sorry, I don't get it.  Yanni, anyone?

Neal Mulvenna                                          __/__/T_ -- -
internet: gearnoise@vnet.ibm.com                      / /\ </\ \ --