Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Sandy Denny

From: rave123@pipeline.com
Date: 18 Jun 1996 16:27:44 GMT
Subject: Sandy Denny
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

In article <4q1ld9$c19@solaris.cc.vt.edu>, Zandra Marie Pavicic writes:

> Also, so that I add my 3 pence worth, a list of my
>non-Kate listening pleasures....though I am generally off the
>wall with the contrasts of my pleasures (as my collection goes
>from Anthrax to Hungarian rock, as a few Love Hounds can attest
>to!), I am currently comfortably floating in a folk/Irish
>drift...so as not to ramble any further....
>
> 1. Loreena McKennitt
> 2. Sarah McLachlan
> 3. Fairport Convention
> 4. Dharmas
> 5. Dead Can Dance
> 6. Capercaille
>
> Sorry about exceeding the limit but I just couldn't decide
>which one to leave out.  Not to mention, that I have never be one
>prone to being too much a conformist.  Nevermind!
>
>Legy Jo!
>
>  ____________________________________________________
>
>   "One luminary clock against the sky proclaimed the
>          time was neither wrong, nor right"
>
>      Robert Frost "Acquainted With the Night"
>
>   "...let me steal this moment from you now..."
>           "some Moments of Pleasure"
>
>   Kate Bush "A Deal with God" & "Moments Of Pleasure"
>
> Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
>                Blacksburg, VA  24060

Thank you for bringing up Fairport Convention!   For those of you who have
not heard a Sandy Denny song, she is one of the most moving performers I
have heard.  Kate even mentions her by name in "Blow Away".  Sandy
unfortunately died young due to a fall down the stairs, but her legacy
lives on forever!  There is a greatest hits CD which you Love Hounds would
love.

Cheers,
rave123@pipeline.com