Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: common ground - sleeve design

From: Alan Stonebridge <Alan.Stonebridge@durham.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 1996 09:51:19 +0100 (BST)
Subject: Re: common ground - sleeve design
To: R.Jones@mirinz.org.nz
cc: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Sender: owner-love-hounds

On Mon, 17 Jun 1996 R.Jones@mirinz.org.nz wrote:

>      Not a bad album. Kates effort is easily the best - a poor effort by
>      Tim and Neil Finn though- a bit too dishwatery. No-wonder Neil has
>      disbanded Crowded House ;->

The thing that impresses me about "Mna Na H-Eireann" is the amount of
time and effort Kate must have put into learning the words and putting
the whole track together... I expected the vast majority of the album to
be in Gaelic, and because it's not it kind of pleases me as Kate's track
stands out so much more.

Alan.