Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: album/CD images sought:AndSoIsLove/RubrbndGirl/Vox Cover

From: Robb McCaffree <nsrjm@nursepo.medctr.ucla.edu>
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 1996 21:31:27 -0700
Subject: Re: album/CD images sought:AndSoIsLove/RubrbndGirl/Vox Cover
To: rec-music-gaffa@ucsd.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Jochen Alberty wrote:

> Scott Telford wrote:
> > I don't think the And so is Love single cover was very interesting:
> > wasn't that the one with Kate's face in mono floating above a sun-like
> > blob on a black background?
> >

> Hey, don't make fun of it! I have the poster-sleeve-limited-edition-bla
> version of the And So Is Love - Single --- and I do have the above
> described picture hanging on my wall - in subway-size.  :)
>
> But every now and then I flip the poster and on the back there is a
> about double life-size poster of Kate -- really nice!!!
> It was in the store for several weeks and noone else seemed to want
> it. Maybe it was the price of about $20 (US)....
>
> But I do think that the image has something to it, at least in that
> size.

I too have this poster on my wall -- double matted, with
plexiglass on the back (so you can see the large 'Maid Marion'
shot on the reverse) and with a wooden frame, no less! It was
about $200 to do, and I've heard a Kate fan or two tell me they
thought the shot was "unflattering" but I obviously disagree.

I think her facial expression in this shot is so soothing. She
looks as if she's been through some sort of emotional upheaval,
but is still somehow offering solace -- to me! The warm glow of
light emanates from about where her heart is. Kate as E.T.? All
in all, a message of hope, despite what the song ASIL says.

Robb