Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate & Grammys

From: spike45@sos.sos.net (monroe/fisher)
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 1996 12:06:54 -0700
Subject: Kate & Grammys
To: Love-Hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Len Bullard typed:
>NOTE:  If she doesn't receive recognition from
>the Grammy's for this recording, there is
>no justice, no god, and maybe the grammy
>organization is the mafia-infested bunch
>of ugly malicious thugs implied by its reputation.

Me:
I'd be willing to bet that there is no justice or no god. I have not watched
the Grammys in more than 15 years and have vowed to never watch them again.
Don't remember the exact year, but I believe Elvis Costello or Peter Gabriel
or both were up for best new artist. Well the winner was A Taste of Honey
with their song "Boogie Oogie Oogie". Enough said? ;-)

They did redeem themselves a little this past year with Joni Mitchell.
"Turbulent Indigo" is great.

Does anyone know if Kate Bush has ever been nominated or even mentioned at
the Grammys?

David Hyland said:
>My fave Kate songs (in no particular order) are:
>The Jig of Life
>Under Ice/ Waking the Witch (I know, it's 2 songs, but I can't separate them)
>Lord of the Reedy River
>Under the Ivy
>Leave it Open (I love the bit where it gets heavy!)
>Lily
>The Song of Solomon
>Cloudbusting
>Love and Anger
>Deeper Understanding (I turn to my computer...)

Me:
Thank you David. There IS someone else out there that loves "Lord of Reedy
River". Has anyone re-listened to this song and changed their mind?

Later
Wayne