Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Not only Kate...

From: 10mm@mbay.net
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 1996 23:28:38 GMT
Subject: Re: Not only Kate...
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

On 10 Jun 1996 13:37:24 -0700, ariusz@byd.ternet.pl (Ariusz Nowak)
wrote:

>I'm glad someone put the idea of telling about artists that Kate-fans
>like to listen to. Maybe thanks to You I "discover" something interesting
>for me.
>Here are my types:
>
>1. Dead Can Dance (all albums!!!)
>2. Basia (I think the only Polish pop-artist that became known in the world -
>       have you heared about her???)
>3. Marc Almond (early records up to "Enchanted")
>4. Tori Amos ("Under The Pink" album and first half of "Boys For Pele")
>5. Chris De Burgh (early records up to "Man On The Line")
>

>And here's some artist, that I usually don't listen to (I can even say
>that I don't like them) but thay have one or two songs that I love.
>This is the proof that every artist even the worst can make the masterpiece.
>(It would be interesting to know whether you have such favourite songs of
>disliked artists).
>
>1. Sinead O'Connor - Just Like U Said It Would B, Troy
>2. Prince - When Doves Cry
>3. Toto - Africa
>
>Ariusz

It would be extremely difficult to pick five artists from all genres
of music, therefore I'll confine my selections to rock, folk,
&blues.Here goes:

1). Fleetwood Mac (from Peter Green thru Bare Trees)
2). Pink Floyd (also solo Barrett,Waters, & Gilmour)
3). David Bowie
4). Roy Harper
5). Genesis (thru LLDOB, also Peter's first four)

Am I dating myself? If asked again next week the list may
vary. No I'm not wishy-washy. I prefer to think of myself as
eclectic.

And now here's my wife's list:

Beatles & all their solo stuff
Bowie (especially Low/Heroes/Station to Station)
Roxy/Brian Ferry (most romantic live show I've ever seen)
Innocence Mission (expecially  Umbrella)
Bob Marley (still a novice, but listening to Legend was almost a
religious experience).