Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: What I Like

From: jpp@ecf.toronto.edu (Jason Pilon)
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 1996 02:05:26 -0400
Subject: Re: What I Like
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Fake-Sender: news@ecf.toronto.edu (News Administrator)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Cara Marshall <cmarsha2@chat.carleton.ca> wrote:
>Alan Stonebridge (Alan.Stonebridge@durham.ac.uk) wrote:
>> > 5-Bareneked Ladies
>> I loved their song on the "Friends" soundtrack (called "Shoebox"). What
>> other stuff (particularly albums) have they done?
>

>2 albums: "Gordon" (1992) - very fun album, clever, included many hit
>songs here in Canada (If I had $1000000, Grade 9, Be my Yoko Ono, &c.).
>Inspirational lyrics like "I'm lyin' in bed just like Brian Wilson did..."
>Second album is "Maybe You Should Drive" - smarter, more intense, better.
>They are certainly one of the most underrated bands around.

And let's not forget the Ladies' third album, "Born on a Pirate Ship",
released in Canada in February and in the US in April of this year.

There is a newsgroup around here for them, can't remember the exact
title though.  Check alt.music.canada for more info.

Jason
--
____/\/\____/\/\__/\/\_/\/\__/\/\_Toronto, Ontario______borders on the_