Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

What I Like

From: AleXANdra Maile Hess <hess.83@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 1996 15:49:12 -0400
Subject: What I Like
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Hi Everyone-

I am brand-spanking new to this list, but I felt inclined to list my
favorites other than Kate as well.  The five (it was hard to narrow down) as
follows are in no particular order.  I am also on a real soundtrack kick
lately, and of course Brazil is one of the main ones!:)

1-Elvis Costello
2-The Rugburns
3-Joe Jackson
4-Meryn Cadell
5-Bareneked Ladies

As for books, being the summer and being out of school I have the time to
catch up with things I should have read a long time ago.  I read The Glass
Menagerie, which took about oh, 2 hours of my time so I suppose it doesn't
really count.  On my list is How The Irish Saved Civilization, a non fiction
books with an author whos name I forget.  Also The Liar by Stephen Fry, and
with Kate as motivation, a reread of Wuthering Heights.  I also plan on
reading some Woodehouse.

As for Kate, I am a fairly new fan, but I already adore her.  Being here in
America, not to mention midwestern America, it is hard to find neat Kate
stuff, but at record shows I am always looking.

Xan

"A little nonsense now and then
   Relished by the wisest men."
		-Willy Wonka