Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Mna na hEireann

From: "SEAN TWOMEY (ARCHAEOLOGY) PG" <TWOMEYS@acadamh.ucd.ie>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 1996 19:15:16 +0100 (BST)
Subject: Mna na hEireann
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

I'll try to dig up the reviews from home but generally DJ's are
intrigued by the fact that Kate sings in Irish and really like the
track !Donal Lunny was involved in a number of press and radio
interviews and he praised Kate from the high heavens......he really
appreciated the fact that she put in two weeks of solid work in her
year of " time off ".
Generally though Sharon Shannons and U2s' tracks were the most played
 .
The recent excellent review of Kates' contribution in NME
("majestic"!) , may have some bearing on a possible single
release.....who knows ?
Tommorrow I will also send some backround info on the track itself
and Sean O'Riada the composer .