Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Cathy Demos and Video Stuff

From: NelsonII@aol.com
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 1996 01:22:07 -0400
Subject: Cathy Demos and Video Stuff
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Colin said...
"
I know _of_ the Cathy Demos, but I've not heard anything from
them, and I've heard early tapes from some of my favorite artists
before.  It's not always been a pleasant experience... so to be
straightforward: are they any good?
"

A good number of the songs appear on later albums, so there are not a lot of
real big surprises here.  I would probably describe the "album" as a whole as
interesting and something that die-hard fans should have.  Is that vague
enough?  Hehehe.

The problems that I have with it, however, don't have much to do with the
music.  First, Kate doesn't get anything ($$$) for this (and I believe she
doesn't like the idea of having this material out there)  Second, the sound
quality (at least on my CD) leaves something to be desired.  Basically, it
sounds like the songs have gone to the moon and back, via tape, LP, tape
again, and then CD.  I'm not going to judge the quality of songs themselves,
since I believe that that is too subjective of a matter, as we can all attest
to by reading the best/worst lists that have been about recently.

On another note, I saw that someone just picked up a copy of TLTC&TC.  If
anyone is looking for a copy of it, the Hammersmith (sp?) concert, or the
Singles File, please let me know.  I've seen copies of all of them at a music
store here (Chicago).  Please note that I only saw one copy of the Singles
File (a popular, and sometimes hard to get, tape), though the store seems to
re-stock it.

-Ron