Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate vs Tori

From: joncaa95@student.umu.se (Carina Johansson)
Date: Fri, 31 May 1996 00:21:36 +0100
Subject: Kate vs Tori
To: Love-Hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

OK, so I'm new to this, so forgive me if I bring up something that you've
obviously discussed already. You are allowed some liberties as a newbie,
right? :)
I saw someone here on the list mention the above topic, and it made me a
bit curious since I love Tori Amos as well as Kate. Despite this, I've not
given much thought about possible connections between them, that I know
some critiques here in Sweden have brought attention to in their reviews of
Amos. I don't know, maybe I'm not that analytical when it comes music.
(It's needed of me in my research, of course, so on my spare time I want to
relax)
You're all probably deadly tired of talking about it, sorry, but it would
be interesting to know how the discussions turned out.
As for the question whether The Red Shoes is Kate's worst album, I'd say
no. In fact, I don't know if I could pick a "worst album". And some of the
songs on The Red Shoes are so beautiful (except for that *horrible* Eat The
Music!) It's unusual unequal, though. Well... How do you say - just my two
cents?

Carra

"I've been raising up my hands/drive another nail in/just what God needs -
one more victim"
(Tori Amos, "Crucify", still her best song IMO)