Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Red Shoes Blues

From: nth-wave@easynet.co.uk (Dave Watkins)
Date: Wed, 29 May 1996 10:54:46 -0300
Subject: Red Shoes Blues
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

After reading all the posts about people's least favourite Kate songs, it
occured to me that a lot of the songs on The Red Shoes were included in the
lists.  Is it widely considered that The Red Shoes is Kate's worst album?
I rather like it.
I think the trouble is that several of the songs on the album have very
repetitve structures e.g. "Rubberband Girl", "The Red Shoes", "Shoedance",
"Eat the Music" etc, and this makes them boring and tedious to listen to.
However for me, these songs are outweighed by tracks like "And so is Love",
"Song of Solemon", "Lily", and "You're the One". What do you think?

Here are my least favourite songs:-

(1) The Dreaming
(2) Sat in Your Lap
(3) Eat the Music (Extended Mix)
(4) Violin
(5) Kite
(6) Them Heavy People
(7) Leave it Open
(8) Lord of the Reedy River
(9) The Red Shoes
(10) All We Ever Look For

However, even a "bad" Kate song is still a lot better than many of the
songs out there.

Dave

BTW, I recieved a Comman Ground postcard through the post the other day.
Can't think where it came from.  Maybe the Kate Bush Fan Club or
Homeground.  It's very nice.