Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

My Proposal [and intro too...

From: Rachel <IALUM82@UNIVSCVM.CSD.SCAROLINA.EDU>
Date: Wed, 22 May 96 15:06:24 EDT
Subject: My Proposal [and intro too...
To: LOVE-HOUNDS@GRYPHON.COM
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Hello!

I'm new on the list and have been silently observing for a while.
I'm in the US, where it's still exciting to meet someone who listens
to Kate.... :)  I've been a fan for 10 years, pushing 11 now...

If you wonder if I like Tori, I don't.

I made an interesting conclusion last night while listening to Delius --
"Never For Ever" is now officially old enough to receive a drivers license...

Enough silliness...  My top 5....in no particular order...

Wuthering Heights ...  Although the original is a classic, I prefer
the re-mix, for some reason I can't figure out.  It's the first KB
song that made me cry.  {I'm just such a hopeless romantic, and WH
has always been my favorite book}

Babushka....  The first song I ever heard of Kate's, thanks to Graham
Dene's Rock Over London, which I was a religious listener of in the 80's..
I still get goosebumps as I did the first time I heard it.

This Woman's Work...   Need I say more?

Houdini....  There's just something about "With a kiss...I pass the key..."

And Dream of Sheep...   I think "Tranquil" would be the best word to
describe it...it just knocks me right out if I can't sleep...

I'm going back to lurk mode now, but it was nice to meet you all...

Rachel