Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

fave melodies

From: pdaniel@nitco.com
Date: Wed, 22 May 1996 18:08:07 -0600
Subject: fave melodies
To: Love-Hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

It seems that so many men are enraptured by KaTe's voice, and well they
should. From a womans perspective, here's my top 7? songs - in no
particular order (except #1):

This is it, here it is, number 1:
The Man with The Child in His Eyes - upon seeing KaTe for the first time on
Saturday Night Live (a really long time ago) I had to hear more. Because of
this song, I rushed out to the record store and bought The Kick Inside -
and as /Daniel wrote...

>I was introduced to Kate with "The Kick Inside" and I love *every*
>single song on that album.  I could as well have chosen "Wuthering
>Heights" or "Moving"
>or ...

It still gives me chills, especially in the dark of night. This is my
FAVORITE album.

#2: Red Shoes - this song always makes me want to put on my ballet shoes
and dance, and you too can work up a real frenzy trying to keep up.

#3: Delius - this somewhat ethereal song is sung by Kate in quite an
angelic way.

#4: Night Scented Stock - there are no words in this song, and it really
doesn't need them - another chiller. Works as a great intro to Army
Dreamers.

#5: The Infant Kiss - only I much prefer the french version, it sounds much
sexier.

#6: Oh England My Lionheart - sounds very reminiscent of young love and it
somehow always reminds me of a poem by Edgar Allen Poe called "Lenore".
Makes me yearn to float upon the Thames too.

#7: Wow -this song really talks to the actress in me. Wonder if Kate tried
her hand at acting before singing?

You know, I actually can't choose any other songs -it is just too difficult
to decide on a favorite. Perhaps we should start a listing of songs we
don't like to listen to. I personally don't care for James and the cold gun
(although I like it more now than when I first heard it years ago).

P... Pam