Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: AotSW

From: braffet@hawaii.edu (Elizabeth Braffet)
Date: Tue, 21 May 1996 01:08:01 GMT
Subject: Re: AotSW
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

In article <9605171959053521@airsep.com>, chris.abbey@airsep.com (Chris
Abbey) wrote:

>  -=> Quoting Dave Watkins to Chris Abbey <=-
>
>  DW> From: nth-wave@easynet.co.uk (Dave Watkins)
>  DW> Subject: Aspects of the Sensual World
>
> (On This Woman's Work)
>  >    I would like to know if it also includes Aspects of the Sensual
>  >World.
>
>  DW> Hey, man, what is "Aspects of the Sensual World"?
>
> 'Lo,
>
>      Comapanion piece to The Sensual World with a couple of extra tracks.
>  Came out at the same time, if I remember correctly.  But I am not
> entirely well-versed in Kateology

If memory serves me, "Aspects" was marketed primarily in the U.S. as a
inexpensive mini album to try to introduce her to a wider audience.  The
only track on it that is not on the "This Woman's Work" set is an
instrumental version of The Sensual World.  A must for the Kareoke crowd.
Also, it has as it's cover photo the "sand running through her fingers"
soft focus black and white of Kate looking like a true innocent, a very
lovely photo indeed. When it was released in this country it was very easy
to come by, so there are probably still copies of it to be found.

Aloha,
-Elizabeth
braffet@hawaii.edu

--