Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Driving Tests - Not Fair!

From: kelton@kelton.seanet.com (Alana L. Kelton)
Date: Sun, 19 May 1996 01:34:30 -0800
Subject: Re: Driving Tests - Not Fair!
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

>Sorry if I am bringing up some bad memories for Kate (if she's reading
>this)! I think some of the questions would too! :-)
>
>                        Bryan Dongray
>
>PS So how many of you failed your driving test the first time too?

i failed every single stage of my driving test the first time ...
including the eye test! i pressed my forehead into the little black box to
activate the vision exam, and when the examiner said something like, ³is
the dot in the left box or the right box?² i said, ³i donıt see a dot.² he
asked me if i wore glasses. i said, yes, when iım reading. he suggested i
get them and try again. then i went on to fail the written portion _and_
the driving. (but i did NOT run a red light like he said ... _maybe_ it
was yellow.) at least i got my signature right when i finally got to sign
my driverıs license an entire battery of tests later. - alana