Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Monologue from Hello Earth

From: lombaeg@mail.interpac.be (Emmy May Lombaerts)
Date: Fri, 10 May 1996 09:37:01 GMT
Subject: Re: Monologue from Hello Earth
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

And just when you thought it was safe to read the digest again.. "It's
in the trees, it's coming...".. the Kate vs Tori thread.. .

On 8 May 1996 09:24:59 -0700, shenelsw@uwcsms1.uwc.edu (Sharon Nelson)
wrote:

>Dear Love hounds,
>I hate to even publicize her on the digest:

      Then why do you?

>        Have you noticed that T@RI has some monologue at the beginning of
>one of her songs just like the monologue off of Hello Earth?????????????

    Which song are you referring to? The only song with some kind of
monologue that I can think of at the moment is "Not The Red Baron". Or
do you mean the 'he's chasing tornadoes'-bit at the start of "Talula"?

>Is Kate's use of this monologue original?

  That particular monologue, sure, but including (spoken and sung)
monologues and dialogues in songs has been done before.. .

>Every time I listen to Tori, she makes me sick with her pathetic
>replications of Kate's music.  I wish she would at least give Kate credit
>for "influencing" her music, rather than never admitting that she is even
>aware of her existence!!!!!!!!!!!

   On many occasions Tori *has* said that Kate is an artist she
admires and respects a lot.

    So, what are you getting so worked up about?

                   Emmy

Emmy May Lombaerts
lombaeg@mail.interpac.be        Krd@www.dma.be

http://www.dma.be/p/bewoner/Krd/

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-
'And Is It Right, Butterfly, They like You Better Framed And Dried?' ~
                                   Tori Amos
o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-