Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Paperhouse

From: violet@slip.net
Date: Wed, 8 May 1996 10:46:31 -0800
Subject: Re: Paperhouse
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Dan wrote:

>I finally managed to get hold of a copy which wasn't that easy to locate
>(and virtually impossible to buy) but it was well worth the effort. Thanks
>to Violet and others for recommending a such a good film.

I'm so glad that somebody actually went out and found it!  So glad!  It IS
great, isn't it?  Every time I watch it, my heart is in my throat at the
end and I'm laughing and crying and so sad it's over.  Isn't it interesting
that you don't have a clue where it's going until you're already there?
You absolutely cannot guess where it's going.  Incredible!

>Oh, by the way Violet, until you mentioned you were American I just
>assumed you >were English for some reason.

Probably my manner of speech (from watching all those British programs over
the years).  I even used to have a job where I had to speak with an accent
and the British customers firmly believed I was really 100% English.  (I'm
one of those people who can do any accent at the drop of a hat.)  Actually,
I am English and the stork delivered me to this country by mistake.  I know
in my heart that this is an absolute fact.  Well, one of my father's
friends once saw a photo of me and said "That girl is Irish."  This is
true, too. And Scottish (hoorah Clans MacGregor and Cameron!!!).

Violet
xoxox

P.S. Where do you happen to be, Dan?  Where did you finally find the film,
did you have to have it specially ordered, and was it expensive?  I'd like
to be able to tell friends where to get it, because I don't know how well
it would turn out if I tried to dub my copy for them.

   *  "I lost my virginity, but I still have the box it came in."  *