Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

"Hello Earth!" x 2

From: IEDSRI@aol.com
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 1996 00:39:51 -0400
Subject: "Hello Earth!" x 2
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Wieland writes:

 > IED once said he's echoeing "earth", but it doesn't sound
 > like that to me.

And Graham seconds him:

 > No no, something else... I don't mean right at the end of the
 > track. At the begining of the track she starts everything off
 > by singing "Hello Earth!... hello earth...". At the end of each
 > "Hello Earth" **something** is whispered, and for years it's
 > driven my crazy... Just WHAT is being said there??

IED hates to be anticlimactic here, but he must recommend that Wieland and
Graham give this part a fresh listen.
The astronaut (speaking as though through a radio
connection from space to NASA) is clearly repeating
"Hello Earth!" right after Kate (2x).  It's very low-key, but
IED hears it clear as a bell.  Mind you, there's a good
deal of static, and the words are clipped off as though
by a long-distance noise-gate, but it's clear nonetheless.
Disappointingly simple, but clear.

In his opinion, of course.

-- Andrew Marvick (IED)
     S              R              I